Thursday, October 1, 2009

SFD Pilot


Hey Bombshells!
So I am a little late with this post but better late than never right? So Bombshell was asked to do makeup for a pilot that is to be shopped around to networks (and hopefully get picked up - fingers crossed). We were asked by some of the writers and actors from the show 'The Game' on the CW with Wendy Raquel Robinson, Tia Mowry, Pooch Hall, etc, of course you know we were happy to do it. I mean these people have already had success on 'The Game' so why not? This could be our foot into television and into the makeup artists union local 706! Unfortunately the (well a-meaning one) producer told us that they only wanted one of us each weekend because of budgeting they could not afford to feed us both! Riiiiiight, that's exactly what we thought! So I, Bombshell Colijia worked this past weekend, Sept 26th & 27th and Starlynn is to work on Oct. 3rd & 4th. In any case it turned out to be a really great start to the pilot, I worked with some amazing actors and crew, the producers and hair - everyone were great. They were all so thankful and kept telling me I was doing too good of a job! Which is so comforting to hear, but they instructed me to do tacky makeup since the main characters Slou, Foot, and Doucha (I know, crazy names right? trust me makes sense once you see it) are slackers and weed heads lol! So I did what I was asked and I am almost embarrassed to say it's my work but just remember folks it was on purpose! The only things I could complain about was the extreme heat in the room we were doing makeup in and the fact that I was under pressure and time constraints since Star wasn't there with me. It is so frustrating to be rushed and not given enough time to do your job, but such is the life of the industry right? So because shooting ran behind as always, now they want us both to work this weekend...raised brow we know lol! But the actors were hilarious, kept me laughing the whole time and so great to work with. Above is a pic of the hairstylist on the left, Carmen Johnson, the lead actress Helenna Santos, and muah. Look out for these people and some of the other actors, Kareem Grimes, Kevin Martin and Carla Betz - amazing actors. I'll try to get more pics up of the set. Here's a video Helenna created for her youtube page... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33fwVhpgJiQ Until next time ....Step Your Game Up!
Bombshell Colijia

1 comment:

  1. look like they had fun on the set. I would like to check the finised prduct....

    ReplyDelete