Saturday, October 3, 2009

Nica Martinez Shoot




Hey Bombshells!
So this is just a quick post before I lay it down to make love to my pillows! Two days ago on the 1st of Oct., my cousin Nica calls me to ask if I am available to do her makeup for a shoot on Friday which was the next day! Luckily I wasn't booked for anything else so I agreed. Of course it's a Friday and she doesn't get off til 5pm and did I mention she lives over an hour away? But the photo shoot was in my neck of the woods, not too far in Long Beach. So since she got off at 5, the shoot couldn't start until at least 7 because she was stuck in traffic until a little after. I was fine with it at first then I realized I had to go back to shoot Sat & Sun the 3rd and 4th for the Slou, Foot and Doucha pilot (See the SFD pilot blog #2) so you know I wanted to just kick myself! Long story short, we show up at the photographer Raul's house and throws me a curve ball. Now Nica told me the theme of the shoot was going to be 1950s/Lingerie, when I arrive, the photographer tells me he wants crazy makeup. No beauty or anything you would go to a wedding or out wearing. This gave me all of 10 minutes to come up with something good and fresh to do on her. She has a beautiful caramel complexion so I knew yellows would look great on her. I just bought a black lipstick from MAC called Midnight Media and had been dying to use it, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity to do so. Long story short, it started off kind of slow bt picked up as we went and finally at the end when I added the black lipstick. I think the loooong night became all worth it when we got the golden shot. We didn't finish until a little after 12am and I had to be up at 5am for the 7am call time on SFD Pilot. Wack! So tired and sleepy bt that's the life of a Bombshell! I used MAC Pro color Bright Sunshine and Pigment in Golden Lemon, Carbon eyeshadow, Emerald Green Pigment with a little Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow. Until next time...Step Your Game Up!
Bombshell Colijia

No comments:

Post a Comment